Smoke Signal

Mr. Lenape 2018

On January 31, 2018, Lenape held its annual Mr. Lenape Pageant. This competition is made up of 12 senior boys, each given a different month of the year, and each contestant escorted by a female senior. Each boy must come up with a dance routine involving at least one student from each grade, encouraging all classes to get involved. After the dances, there is a question and answer round, after which the audience votes for who they believe should be crowned Mr. Lenape.

Leading up to the competition, every class’ student government helps out the seniors. This year the sophomores helped out with the Penny Wars, where they collected pennies during lunch for each contestant. One penny counted as one point and any other type of coin counted against them. All of the proceeds went towards the Class of 2018. The Penny Wars were very successful, and each contestant had a lot of pennies donated towards them, and in turn, the senior class.

The competition was a big hit. Many students and parents came to support the contestants and watch the show. The night included many laughs and three different promposals.

All of the contestants did a great job coordinating their performances, each of one having its own theme. At the end of the night, the audience voted for who they thought performed the best and deserved the title of “Mr. Lenape”.

Collin Day, Mr. August, was crowned as Mr. Lenape. The runner up was Mr. March, AJ Pena, and third place went to Mr. September, Matt LaJoie.